Water Treatment in Yuba City, Chico, Colusa, Oroville, Wheatland and surrounding areas
Hard water contains dissolved calcium, magnesium and, in many cases, iron. Most homes have hard water, whether it is supplied by a private well or a municipality. In many cases, homeowners don't realize they have hard water or the constant and expensive harm it causes.
Dry skin and hair, bathtub ring, spots on glass and silverware, dull, dingy clothing, disappointing performance and a shortened life expectancy of water-using appliances are all problems frequently caused by hard water. Most don't realize how much time, money and energy is spent fighting the hard water battle.
A water test is needed to find out which system is needed and best for you. Contact us today for a free water test or a quick quote below.
Symptoms of Hard Water
- Hard water can cause soap scum to form in sinks, tubs and showers. Hardness minerals in water mix with soap and create a soap curd that clings to surfaces. When water runs to drain, the soap scum stays behind, leaving a nasty-looking film that doesn’t rinse away easily.
- A white chalky buildup is often noticeable where water collects and then evaporates, like on shower doors and curtains and around drains. When water evaporates, the dissolved calcium and magnesium are left behind. It eventually builds up and is hard to remove.
- If you have hard water, you may have noticed your clothing looks dull after a few washes. It’s especially noticeable with whites. The same soap scum left in sinks and tubs also collects on clothing when washed. That’s why air-dried clothing is often stiff and why heat-drying causes clothing fibers to break down after time. Hard water often contains other minerals too, like iron, which can stain clothing.
Scale on Water Fixtures
- Scale build-up on or around your water fixtures can be an eyesore as well as a problem. As the hard water passes through your faucet or showerhead, hardness minerals in the water are deposited. Over time, these deposits build up, are unsightly and eventually restrict the water flow. Stains and buildup also affect the appearance of fixtures.
Scale in Water Pipes
- Just as scale build-up forms on fixtures, it also forms in water pipes. Although you can’t see it, mineral deposits build up inside water pipes and reduce water pressure. In extreme situations, this can lead to pipe replacements and other challenges in your home.
Failed Water-Using Appliances
- Scale build-up often affects water-using appliances, especially ones that heat or use heated water, like water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines and coffee makers. Scale buildup ruins efficiency and over time can cause complete appliance failure which costs you money in repairs, replacement or increased energy use.
Hair & Skin Problems
- Hard water requires more soap and shampoo to get a lather, but then it doesn’t rinse completely from skin or hair. The remaining residue can be irritating and the cause for dry, itchy skin or dull, unmanageable hair. Hard water is especially problematic for colored or treated hair. Special lotions, creams and conditioners are costly, yet they simply mask the problems without taking care of the cause.
Let Us Test Your Water
Not sure about what's in your water? Let our expert water treatment service providers determine which equipment or Kinetico home water filtration system is right for your home with a free water test.
Reduces water hardness and scale. Protects plumbing, fixture and appliances.
Provides high-quality water for drinking, cooking and ice cubes.
Whole House Systems
Reduces odors, and the drying effects of chlorine, or chloramines, on the skin & hair.
Ready To Get Started?
We'll come to your home and provide a free water test to determine which equipment or Kinetico home water filtration system is best for your water problem.