Frozen Pipes Services
Prevention is the Cure
A few precautions before a freeze can help avoid an emergency plumbing call.
In an emergency—we've got you covered.
Fletcher’s Plumbing & Contracting provides frozen pipes services including burst pipe repair and replacement. But the best way to avoid the headaches involved with frozen pipes is to ensure it doesn’t happen to your home in Northern California. By taking preventative measures, you can safeguard your home when the temperatures drop.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
Proper insulation of pipes under and outside your home can keep them from freezing during winter. Follow these steps:
- Shut off the water valves to your outdoor faucets. Allow excess water to drain then cover the faucets with an insulated dome to prevent freezing.
- Inspect the outside of your home looking for visible cracks near the foundation or basement. Use spray foam or caulking to fill cracks.
- Cover interior and exterior pipes with insulation where possible.
- Keep your HVAC system in good working order by having it checked annually.
- If the temperature is forecast to be at or below freezing, allow the warm air in your home to reach the pipes beneath your sinks by opening cabinet doors.
- When the thermostat dips to near or below freezing, allow a small, slow drip to come from your faucets. Minimal water running through the lines can help prevent freezing.
Sometimes, even with the best preparation, pipes freeze. If you experience a plumbing emergency due to frozen pipes, we can help. Fletcher’s Plumbing & Contracting provides burst pipe repair for Yuba City, Chico, and Sacramento. But don't wait for a pipe or fixture to burst; contact us today for other home plumbing services. We diagnose plumbing problems that can be repaired before the cold weather strikes, like storm drain cleaning and repairing leaky water lines. Preventative maintenance is the first and strongest step to preventing burst pipes this winter.