Sewer line repair and installation with minimal disruption yard, sidewalk, driveway and lawn.
We've got you covered.
Fletcher Plumbing has been AWWA certified backflow testing for over 20 years in the Yuba, Sutter, Butte, & Colusa counties. Fletcher’s Plumbing works closely with cities and counties to keep customers up to current standards of cross-connection programs. Fletcher’s Plumbing currently has certified testers on staff in Northern California. Fletcher Plumbing also handles Backflow preventer enclosures of all types and sizes
What is Backflow Testing?
If you’re a new homeowner, living on your own for the first time, or just unsure of what backflow testing is, Fletchers Plumbing and Contracting can help you out. You might be wondering, what is backflow? Backflow happens when the normal flow of our water is reversed from its intended direction in your pipeline or your plumbing system. Now that you know what backflow is, you need to get a better understanding of backflow testing. Backflow testing is an annual requirement to ensure you and your loved ones are safe by protecting your drinking water from harmful toxins. Some of these harmful toxins include:
- Fire protection chemicals
- Household chemicals
- Cross-contamination (when water that has been contacted with chemicals)
Safety is #1
You and your loved one's safety is our number one goal; you can always rely on our backflow testing service in Northern California. We take extra care and precautions when doing this prevention testing to make sure that your water is safe for anyone to drink. Below is how backflow most commonly occurs in your home or business.
- Your home is connected to the public water system supply and is not protected by a backflow device.
- Your water pressure is then reduced due to a break in your water main that will cause it to use a lot of water suddenly.
- The drop in water pressure will cause the water to reverse.
- Dangerous contaminations will encounter your water supply, causing it to become harmful.
Make sure you get your water backflow tested annually to prevent any harmful toxins from entering your drinking water. We are here to help you however we can with our backflow testing service. Learn more about other services Fletcher Plumbing and Contracting offers now!