Your kitchen may have perfectly suited your situation when you first moved in. High counters and bar stools were just great for snack time. But now that the kids are grown and gone—the island has been left deserted.
Whether you want to mark a new life phase or you’ve realized the color palette choice is now all-too-obviously a product of another time, there are several benefits to remodeling your kitchen.
- Put the fun in function. It is no fun when things don’t work the way they’re supposed to. Having updated appliances means fewer maintenance calls, and a more efficient kitchen layout can help you prepare meals quicker. Newer cabinet designs can help you make the most of the space—adding storage and bringing more shelves within reach. A functional kitchen should take the stress out of grabbing a quick lunch, and preparing Thanksgiving dinner for eight. With a fresh kitchen, you can actually enjoy working in this part of the house.
- It’s an investment, not an expense. A home remodel is hands-down the most effective way to add value to your home, and the kitchen is a great place to start. Remodeling Magazine found that a kitchen remodel worth around $20,000 is likely to recoup an 81.1 percent return. And you don’t even have to spend that much to add value. There are a few simple ways to improve your kitchen on a budget.
- The national average cost to remodel a kitchen is $22,708.
- Homeowners are recommended to spend between 5 percent and 15 percent of their home’s total value on a kitchen remodel.
- Put a stop to patchwork maintenance. Instead of spending time and money on dozens of small repairs, it can pay to bite the bullet and invest in one full kitchen remodel. Once it’s finished, you won’t have to worry about which appliance or cabinet door is going to fall off next. Advances in technology could also lead to big long-term savings—from energy-efficient appliances to trenchless water line replacement.
- Be eco-friendly. Business Insider reports solar panels and energy storage are the fourth-highest priority for millennials searching for a home. Having a luxury kitchen came in fifth on the list. A kitchen remodel can help you combine both factors with things like high-end LED lighting and new energy-efficient appliances—better for the environment and your pocket book.
- ENERGY STAR refrigerators use 15 percent less energy than other models
- ENERGY STAR dishwashers use about six fewer gallons of water per cycle than older models.
- Tired of replacing the water filter? Tend to your water treatment system and you’ll actually feel comfortable drinking water straight from the tap. Water treatment eliminates hard water, bad tastes, yucky smells and bacteria.
- Spend more time making memories. Kitchens are often the most used room in a house. A beautiful remodel can either make it somewhere you want to spend more time, or speed up the cooking and cleaning process so you can spend more time doing what you’d rather be doing.
Fletcher’s Plumbing & Contracting has decades of experience in helping families get the most out of their kitchens. We install fixtures and upgrade countertops, cabinets, flooring, paint and drinking water systems.
Our expert remodeling contractors will work to transform your kitchen into the beautiful, functional room you’ve always wanted. If you’re ready for a kitchen upgrade, give us a call at (530) 673-2489.