There are many ways homeowners can improve the value of their home, but one of the most effective is a home remodel. Whether you are thinking about selling your home in the near future or simply want to improve your current living space, a kitchen remodel is the perfect way to bring more value to your home.
A complete kitchen remodel can be expensive, but there are a few simple ways you can affordably improve your kitchen.
- Give your appliances a facelift. Are your appliances mismatched? It may surprise you to learn that you don’t need to purchase all new appliances to spruce up your kitchen. To create a modern, uniform look throughout your kitchen, try purchasing new front panels for your appliances, which can cost as little as $30 to $100.
- Embrace your inner artist. One of the least expensive ways to improve the look of your kitchen is to brighten up your cabinets or walls with a fresh coat of paint. Depending on the brand and style you choose, a can of paint should only cost you $15 to $40. A lighter paint color can make your kitchen look cleaner and friendlier, and a more neutral gray or beige can keep your space grounded. Add a few splashes of color with wall art or decorations to keep things interesting.
- Add a backsplash. If your kitchen walls are looking a bit plain with just a single-toned paint, make things a bit more interesting with a decorative backsplash. The backsplash is the section of wall between the countertops and cabinets. You can opt to completely transform the entire kitchen backsplash, or maybe just focus on an area above your stove or sink. Not only do backsplashes look gorgeous—they also hide any stains you’ve developed from years of cooking and cleaning. Depending on the type of material you use—such as tile or laminate—and the section of wall you’re covering, this project could cost between $50 and $400.
- Update your lighting fixtures. If your home isn’t relatively new, chances are its lighting fixtures are a little dated. Don’t underestimate the impact modern-looking fixtures can have on your kitchen’s aesthetic. But you don’t have to completely redo the entire electrical system to get a beautiful result. Try switching out your dated fixtures for inexpensive lamp shades, pendant lamps, or spotlights. Depending on the type of fixture you choose, this may cost anywhere from $20 to $150.
- Bring in a professional. Small aesthetic changes like the ones above can greatly enhance the overall look of your home, but more intensive remodels are better left to the professionals. Many contractors will work within your set budget to create the kitchen of your dreams, and will ensure that the job is done right. Whether you’re looking to install new countertops or a new water treatment system, a professional contractor is the best way to go.
As a licensed contractor in the state of California, Fletcher’s Plumbing & Contracting specializes in kitchen remodels. We install everything you might need for a functional, modern kitchen, including fixtures, water treatment systems, cabinets, countertops, flooring, and even paint. Because Fletcher’s has decades of contracting experience, we can help you find the best look for your kitchen. Our experts can help you choose between various popular materials like granite, stone, laminate, and tile.
If you’d like to add value to your home with a kitchen remodel, Fletcher’s Plumbing & Contracting has everything you need. Take a look at our remodeling page to for more information, and give us a call at (530) 673-2489 when you’re ready to get started. We can’t wait to improve the look and functionality of your kitchen.